Since I've been in New Zealand, I've started to notice that in my life there is a constant reminder of Temporary. First off, I'm here temporarily. I have only one year to enjoy this foreign country. One year to enjoy the fellowship of New Zealanders and then I must part ways. As Cara and I search for a church family, I've felt blessed to meet so many brothers and sisters in Christ all the way across the world. The pastor this Sunday brought up a good point that throughout history the Church (body of believers) has always been present; even in dark times. When Jesus spoke to Peter about building His Church He said, "The gates of Hell shall not prevail." Here in New Zealand I can see more clearly that the Lord IS working - everywhere! Being a Christian is something way Bigger than going to church and participating in religious programs. We are part of a powerful family whom God is molding and shaping to prevail against the 'gates of Hell.' All over the world. But even my time to be used by and glorify the Lord on Earth is temporary.
Next, the only type of work I can do here is temporary. When I chose to do a working holiday I knew the work permit was unique. I just didn't realize how unique. My permit says I can't work permanent jobs. In my mind that meant no full-time jobs only part-time. Apparently I was wrong. I recently applied for a part-time job at a local grocery store, was interviewed, and was offered the job. Unfortunately, upon a closer inspection of my work permit they learned that they could not give me the job since it was a permanent part-time job (whatever that means). So now I am interviewing with Temp Agency's so I can find 'temporary' jobs. What's interesting is that my permit allows me to work casual, seasonal, and temporary jobs, so I could work a full-time job, just for a few months and then switch to a new job, etc. So my work experience this year will all be a series of temporaries. On the plus side, that leaves more time to do fun things like Holidaying.
Finally, I'm temporarily out of theater. Ahh! That's the hardest part. Acting is what I love to do. Sure I could do community theater here, but then I wouldn't be able to travel and Holiday as much as I'd like to. I'd be tied down to a fairly long commitment. Don't get me wrong, I haven't totally ruled out doing theater. I 'm just facing the realities of the situation at this moment in time. The cool thing is, once I get back to the States I'm going to pursue theater full-time. More and more I'm realizing that it's the only profession I'm truly satisfied doing. But for now, I am temporarily out of that world.
Home
-
Obviously I haven't been good about blogging while in Korea. I was
incredibly busy and I generally stopped blogging or journaling altogether.
Well, as of M...
8 years ago

1 comment:
Once again, we can't see the forest for the trees.... YOU are His instrument. You will find a job. You will bring Christ to someone who needs Him. Even if it's only one person in the next year - you will have accomplished His purpose. There is definitely a purpose for your acting desire and you have no idea when it will come into play - maybe not on the stage but where God wants you to use it.
Be well, my friend. I keep both of you in prayer.
Post a Comment