Friday, May 25, 2007

Why?

I'm enjoying life in New Zealand but it's left me with a lot of questions.

Why am I here? What is the Lord's purpose in bringing me across the world to this country?

Why do I have to once again do office work with a temp agency? I have no passion for it.

Why do the temp people think I actually want a career doing office work? Don't they know we Working Holidayers are only doing it so we can make money to pay bills while we do fun stuff?

Why were Fritos chips located in the 'South African Foods' section of the supermarket? Fritos is an American brand...right?

Why is it difficult to find a church with a Young Adults ministry (or small group) in Hamilton? How can I meet other Christians who are my age to connect with if there's no place where they tend to congregate together?

Why do my neighbors constantly have loud late night conversations outside on their porch?

Why is EVERYTHING so much more expensive in New Zealand than in the U.S.?

Why is text messaging so big in this country? Even the banks allow you to text message them.

why, Why, WHY???

O.K. I'm done.

For now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiana,
I think you may have answered your question as to why our Lord sent you 1/2 way around the world. It sounds like there are opportunities to start some good old fashioned American ministy with Young Adults in NZ. I'll be praying for you.

Angela

Anonymous said...

Tiana -
The first question you asked....was the very same one I asked myself when I was in China...The first month was really difficult...but then, everything began falling into place! I have greatly enjoyed reading what you are going through and know that the Lord has an incredible plan that He is working out in and through your lives!
Your friend,
Jen Keith ^_^

Anonymous said...

Tiana,
Don't every stop questioning. That's a good thing! And the answers will come in God's good time. I know you know that too.
Your blogs make me smile. And then I stop what I'm doing and say a prayer for both of you.

Be happy. Be well. Persevere. Why? Because, along with God, we all love you - lots!