About two months ago I can distinctly remember walking through Giant Eagle grocery store frantically searching for Ortega Burrito mix. Why was I doing this? Because the thought had come into my head about how much I loved making Ortega burritos as a kid. The seasoning had a different taste that was, well, yummy! Thus began my quest to find Ortega burrito mix in every grocery store I hit, large or small. My search produced zero results. There were gordita, fajita, hard taco, soft taco, and taco casserole mixes but no burrito. It's like Ortega burrito mix had disappeared off the face of the earth!
Apparently I was wrong. It just moved to New Zealand.
During Cara and my first trip to the local grocery store (Pak 'n Save) we stumbled across a shelf of Ortega taco mixes. Yes! Mexican can still be had in NZ! Even better, we saw boxes of Ortega Burrito mix. Yayy! We quickly grabbed a box eagerly looking forward to tasting the yummy burrito flavor we remembered from childhood. Let me tell you, it was everything we hoped it would be (even with the different taste of the New Zealand ground/minced beef). I was thoroughly satisfied with the meal.
I wish those of you back in America could try Ortega burritos. They're great! Perhaps there's still some being sold in the US. If you live in the Cleveland area don't hold your breath. Anyway, if you chance to see some in the grocery store grab it quickly, because it may disappear from the shelves before you know it.
Home
-
Obviously I haven't been good about blogging while in Korea. I was
incredibly busy and I generally stopped blogging or journaling altogether.
Well, as of M...
8 years ago

2 comments:
Oh my! It's the little things that make our lives so wonderful. Who would have thought that Ortega Burriot mix would be the source of such joy?!? I'm smiling. Tiana and Cara - you can find happiness wherever you choose - and you have chosen to find it in what most of us would consider mundane. I applaud you both! Enjoy your burritos. Savor them as you savor your new environment. And keep these updates coming. We all look forward to them.
Blessings and smiles
It's good to hear you made it and your getting settled in. The amazing experiences you are going to have. God is Good....All the Time even in our trials.
Blessing to You,
Angela
Post a Comment