I'm sick. (achoo) It's the day after Christmas and (cough) I'm sick. Actually, I've been (cough) sick for the past two days. Sorry, to those of you who came over for Christmas. If you find yourself with a sore throat and a stuffy nose in the next few days, you'll know why. Today, when I should have been at work, I was home sick. (ah..ah..achoo) Yay! I've always wanted to take a sick day but I rarely get sick enough to justify a day off. (cough, cough) I know that sounds kind of ridiculous but hey, there it is. I'm kind of concerned that I won't be able to work tomorrow. I might just (cough) have to go in for half a day anyway to get something done that must be done tomorrow. Isn't that horrible? We live in a world where sickness (ACHOOOO!!!) is not a good enough reason to abandon work. And the type of sickness determines the acceptable amount of time off. With chicken pox, the flu, or strep throat people say, "Please stay away until you are no longer contagious!" The common cold, however, now that's another story. If you sneeze or cough they say, "Just walk it off." "Pop a couple of cough drops and you should be fine." Even if you lose your voice you can still work. I talked to some worker at a retail store a couple weeks ago who had a very raspy voice due to a cold. Can I tell you, all I thought was, "You need to go home." and "Please don't breathe on me." Not good folks. So...I have a cold. (achoo..cough) I was wise to stay home today and not spread my germs to my co-workers. But tomorrow...
I'll probably be like most people and cough and sneeze my way through getting my job done. Sad but true. Be thankful you're not working with me.
Home
-
Obviously I haven't been good about blogging while in Korea. I was
incredibly busy and I generally stopped blogging or journaling altogether.
Well, as of M...
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment