It's almost 2007. So many possibilities. Some definites...
Never mind. No time to think about 2007. This blog is about 2006. It's my final blog of the year. I've decided to end 2006 with some random thoughts about my year. Are you ready to hear them? Alright. Here Goes!
* I love acting. I love professional theater and I'm terrified of it. I want to be a professional actress, but do I have the guts to pursue it? Community theater wasn't that scary once I did it. College theater definitely wasn't that scary once I did it. Maybe that's how professional theater will turn out. Maybe.
* I love my Mom and my sister. They have provided sanity in my life when I most needed it. Don't laugh Cara and Mom! It's true. Yes, we are a crazy family, but it's that craziness that's present even in the difficult times that brings joy and calm to me. I am convinced that I have the best possible travel buddy for New Zealand. There are going to be plenty of times Cara when we'll need a laugh to overcome the times of crying.
* So I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2 yesterday while getting my hair braided. I still didn't really like it. The girl was the most annoying character. Anyway, this reminds me that of all the movies I've seen this year in the theaters, there were only about four that I thought were not a waste of my money or time. They were: Narnia, Pride & Prejudice, Lady in the Water, The Pursuit of Happyness
* Each day I feel myself getting more dissatisfied with my job. I'm starting to have a short temper with...EVERYONE! Will I every be able to stand working at a job for more than two years?
* I have one statement for American Christians: "If you're in it, be in it!" Following Christ is not a game. And it's definitely not like Calvinball where you make up whatever rules you like as you go along.
* Books are great. I saw a little too much television while spending 12 hours getting my hair braided. Books are great. They don't have commercials.
* At the beginning of the year I subconsciously told God I wanted to trust Him more (actually I said I wanted to have a deeper relationship with Him). Since that point He has steadily been increasing the circumstances that force me to trust Him. They are uncomfortable.
* Suffering produces perseverance, perseverance produces character, character produces hope, hope does not disappoint!
* I AM NOT a perfect Christian. Just read my journal from this year and you'll see why. If I ever start to praise myself and stop praising God for the positive changes in me I just need to read my journal and I'll be humbled. Big Time! Jesus is the only one who can produce anything good in me.
* Random Gospel sharing: Did you know Jesus Christ died for you on the cross? He loves you too much to let you die for your sins. There's one catch though. You've gotta believe and accept His sacrifice.
* Thank you Lord for nature, sunsets, clouds, flowers, creation.
Um....I guess that's it for the year.
Home
-
Obviously I haven't been good about blogging while in Korea. I was
incredibly busy and I generally stopped blogging or journaling altogether.
Well, as of M...
8 years ago

2 comments:
I am the best possible travel buddy. Hehe...hee. hum.....
That was an interesting comparison of American Christians to Calvinball. It's so true. The only rule to their faith is that there are no rules. Hmm... I hesitate on the term "Christian" for many people whose live don't seem very Christlike, though I am forced to reflect on each day before I sleep and find myself coming up short. Not so much Calvinball, but more... I-don't-feeling-like-trying-to-hard-today-because-life-seems-really-difficult-today-Ball.
Hmmm...
In other, light-hearted and un-Spiritual refection news, I put a somewhat review of Eragon up without being too specific.
You really need to forget the movie and read the book.
1) I love you. You are a great encouragement to me!
2) Isn't there something else new in 2006 you're thankful for?! [wink, wink. nudge, nudge]
-Erica
Post a Comment