Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust.
Trusting the Lord is sometimes difficult. Especially when you can't lean on your own understanding.
So I started a fast this week. I am fasting for 40 days from takeout/fast food. That means no Wendy's, Burger King, Subway, Chipotle, Brueggars Bagels, etc. Why am I doing this fast? I don't know. There's no specific item I am fasting about. I guess I just want to see how God will work as I make this sacrifice for Him. I know He's gonna teach me about trust. He's already started.
Two times earlier this year I did a 24hr no food fast. I did it as a means of praying for Tetelestai. I should have learned from those times that sometimes when you fast difficult situations arise. Both of the times that I did the fast for Tetelestai something happened in my life that stretched me as a Christian. Uncomfortable and difficult situations. Now, would these situations have come had I not done the fast? Most likely. But my response to them might have been very different. I believe that fasting can draw you closer to the Lord; to fellowshiping and communicating with Him. My fasting helped me to have strength from the Lord when those difficult situations came.
Today? My fast is helping me to trust the Lord and lean not on my own understanding. It's hard. It's good. I'm glad I'm doing it.

No comments:
Post a Comment