God has just taken something out of my life that was the source of many tears.
It was a thorn in my side that I didn't realize was there until it was removed.
This thing was like a rose, which I picked up to smell its wonderful fragrance and admire its glorious beauty. But as I embraced the rose a thorn from it's stem was lodged into my side. The initial prick was painful. I shed my first tears, but did not understand what caused them. As the thorn lodged deeper in me I experienced other moments of pain. It would hurt, I would cry, and then the pain would disappear only to return at times when I least expected it. The tears were so frequent and numerous that I began to know the feel of their warmth on my checks and their salty taste on my lips. At times I pleaded with the Lord to remove this pain because I did not know what caused it. Then suddenly, in His grace and mercy, He pulled the thorn from my side and revealed it to me. The initial pain from that removal was worse than any prick I experienced from the thorn. But the Lord has shown me that when any harmful object has been lodged in the body the worst pain is the removal, but as the wound heals the pain diminishes until it is no more. And when the pain is gone I will be a whole person again.
No longer do I live in fear of the reoccurring prick of the thorn. No more is it the cause of salty tears.
Thank you Jesus. My comforter and my healer.
Home
-
Obviously I haven't been good about blogging while in Korea. I was
incredibly busy and I generally stopped blogging or journaling altogether.
Well, as of M...
8 years ago

2 comments:
"Ah, what could have been!", Wooster says in wonder and curiousity.
"No." says a matter-of fact Jeeves. And he is right.
Post a Comment