Saturday, February 24, 2007

Auntie Tiana

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
I am officially an Aunt!
My nephew, Alexander Izaak Gabriel, was born at 2:08pm yesterday (February 22).
My brother, the proud Papa, informs me that he has a nose like my younger brother and a face like his Mama. He also has lots of hair.
I can't wait until I get to see a picture of him.
I'm so excited I don't know how to respond.
Am I gonna be a good Aunt?
What does that mean to be an Aunt?
Will Alex love me the way I love my Aunts and Uncle?
(I love his name by the way.)
When will I get to see my nephew?...Hmmm...he's in Florida, I'm in Ohio.
I'm going to New Zealand for a year.
Sob! I won't get to see Alex in person until he's over a year old.
I guess I'll just have to talk to him on the phone, and he can wonder about the strange voice he hears through the talking machine until I show up on his doorstep. (When that happens, I hope he doesn't mistake me for a telephone. Ha ha.)
One thing I do know is that I can pray for him.
This may sound kind of weird but shortly after I learned of Alex's birth I prayed for him during my quiet time with the Lord. I prayed first for his salvation. That he would one day make the decision to accept Jesus as his Savior. Then I prayed that not only would he be saved, but that he would be a growing Christian. A true disciple of Christ, seeking to be obedient to God's Word, and used by God to share His love and truth to the world.
Maybe it's a little early to have such lofty prayers for Alex, but then again, maybe not. May the Lord remember my prayer and answer it in His timing and in His way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Congratulations!
2) Never to early to pray for his salvation and growth.
3) What the heck are you doing, posting at 1:01 AM?

-Erica