Last Sunday I was talking with my sister over the phone when she said to me, "What's wrong with you? You're so chipper tonight." My reply, "I'm on a Holy Spirit High!" So what happened last Sunday to inspire these words and this apparent energetic joy? I'll tell you.
Battleground Imagery
Last Sunday my pastor started a new sermon series called Battleground: How to avoid becoming a casualty of war. What war? Spiritual war. For the next few weeks we will be looking at the end of the book of Ephesians and learning what God has to says about spiritual warfare, the unseen world of angels and demons, and His provision for battle and ultimate victory. Last Sunday the sermon was Holy Spirit inspired and eye opening, and the thing that visually added to the message was the set of a battleground on the stage . This set was designed and created by myself and a friend in the church. I cannot express how much fun I had putting together this set (even despite problems and setbacks). Drama and all things drama related are in my blood and I just loved being able to use my passion to compliment what God was doing in the Worship Service.
Lunch at an Oasis
The young adult gathering at my church is called Oasis. Every Sunday we have lunch and a discussion about the Lord and His word after Morning Service. Last Sunday there were only 5 of us able to attend so we just had lunch and hung out. I really enjoyed just talking and getting to know friends better. We didn't even have a profound discussion or anything but were just able to share our lives. That hasn't happened a lot for me with the young adults in my church, and it's been a prayer of mine to connect more with them. I felt like this was a glimpse for me of the Lord working to answer this prayer.
Change of Mind, Change of Heart
Evening 5:42 Service was great! I loved singing and worshipping. I loved the challenging message. I loved our time of prayer. We prayed that we as a church would allow God to change our hearts and our minds about traditions and familiarities so that we could better minister to those who were so different from us and different from what was comfortable to us. Amen.
Prayer Help
God has been speaking to my heart about seeking a prayer partner who would pray with me every week. Ever since I had a conversation with a friend in my church who said he was doing that very thing it's been on my mind. I just didn't know who I should ask. Then, last week, the Lord brought to mind a woman who I respect for her wisdom and godly heart, and who has encouraged me in a lot of ways. So I asked her if we could begin praying together once a week. She said yes. Yay! And what do you know, the Lord is really challenging my commitment with this because the only time we could agree to meet was on Saturday mornings at 7am. Yikes! (I am NOT a morning person.) So we're going to start praying this week and I'm glad.
With a Cherry on Top
Well I told my sister about all the great things that happened throughout the day that culminated in me having a Holy Spirit High. Then I told her that talking with her was like the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae that was my day. She laughed at my cheesy analogy. I really miss her and love talking with her. What am I gonna do when we actual no longer live together permanently?
So today, almost a week later, I no longer have that Holy Spirit High, but I still smile when I think about all that happened last Sunday. God is Good. :)
Home
-
Obviously I haven't been good about blogging while in Korea. I was
incredibly busy and I generally stopped blogging or journaling altogether.
Well, as of M...
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment