Friday, January 04, 2008

First Blog of the New Year

It's a new year.
Let me begin it with a comment about Google. A few days ago I heard on the radio that Google announced the top searches, etc. for the year 2007. Do you know what the top "who is" question asked on google was?
"Who is God?"
This is interesting to ponder. Not only because this was the top "who is" question but because it was the third most searched question for 2007. "What is love?" being the top, and "how to kiss?" the second. Even more interesting is that the question of "who is God?" is actually the answer to the question of "what is love?" God defines love.
So, what does this mean in my life. It means that there are a lot more people in the world who desire to hear the Gospel than I realized. They may not know that when they ask the question "who is God?" (not only on Google, but in their heart), what they really desperately need to hear is that Jesus Christ died for their sins on the cross because of His deep love for them. “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. ~ John 3:16 When I'm tempted to back away from sharing the Gospel with someone I can remind myself that this person may be someone who has or will seek Google for the answer to "who is God?" Why not help them to know the truth?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I wish both of you a healthy, blessed, happy, joy-filled new year.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiana, Great post. Just as we are sometime hesitant to share the Gospel, many who want to know "who is God", are afraid to voice the question - probably for the sames reasons we are afraid - ridicule from others - (hence the anonymity of Google!)

Hey, I haven't heard from you girls in a while, and also, your blogspot seems to have changed. It kept showing your December post every time I got in, so I didnt realize you had subsequent posts until just now. Also, the comment box is no longer written in Korean, so now I can "comment" confidently!!
- Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.