Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring

Spring is here in Ohio!

Colorful flowers are popping up. Trees have little green buds on their branches. And the grass is now looking green instead of brown. I love Spring! It gives such a sense of hope. Everything feels new and fresh and clean again. This is why we need winter. So that we will appreciate the newness of Spring that much more. I now constantly go outside, stand, and just breathe in the freshness of the air. I walk around and admire
the vivid colors of the plants. When did they appear? It seems like yesterday all was brown and grey, and suddenly today there are colors everywhere. It feels like magic. Like a miracle. In a way it is. Who could make plants grow and reveal their amazing colors except God. "In Him and through Him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."


I love to look at all the unusual flowers - designs and colors - that appear in Spring. My favorite types of flowers are ones that are unusual, but pretty. Yeah, roses and carnations are great. But if you really want to impress me give me a bouquet of beautiful and unusual flowers. I once saw pictures of the various lilies in the world and I just fell in love with that flower. It's beautiful in a weird, wild sort of way. The plants look like they belong on an alien planet. That's great! Sunflowers also hold a great attraction to me because they are so huge. You can miss many of the beautiful plants of Spring if you aren't paying attention because they come and go so quickly. I love to take them all in. I'm so glad I'm in America long enough to experience the beginning of Spring. It is my favorite season after all.


Wow! What welcoming miracles will New Zealand Springs hold? I can't wait to find out!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiana -
I am a little bitter...heehee
The wind chill this morning was in the teens. It is very windy and cold today. After the nice spring weather in Ohio, I am a bit disappointed in the return of the winter weather here... :)

Anonymous said...

Tiana,
You bring spring and color and joy and freshness to everyone whose life you touch. . .

Thanks for being part of my life.