Sunday, April 22, 2007

"I'll miss you most of all Scarecrow!"

8 days left in America.

I'm starting to feel it. The "I'll miss you most of all Scarecrow" syndrome. It's when you become acutely aware that everything you do might be the last time that you do it (for a year at least). And your suddenly realize that this may be the last time you see all of your friends and family (for a year). I'm starting to feel that way. Especially since my sister and I had our going away party yesterday. I saw many friends from Tetelestai who I won't see again in over a year. This week I'm getting together with various family members for one final time. I'm really going to miss my brothers and sisters-in-law. Sob. And I'll especially miss my mom and dad.

I'm wishing that I could visit some of my friends and family that I only get to see once or twice a year. My aunt, uncle, 1 year old cousin, and grandma in Texas. My uncle in Washington. My aunt and uncle in Maryland. My brother, sister-in-law, and new born nephew in Florida; I so wish I could see them. Alex will be one years old and walking before I get to see him in person. Also by the time I come back to America they will all be moved into their new home in North Carolina, so no more visits to Florida. My friends from college. My friends from church who moved away. I wish I could see them all in this next week.

This week Cara and I will be having our favorite meals for dinner because who knows when we'll be able to have them again. I'll miss some of my favorite restaurants like Aladdin's Eatery, Friday's, Hunan, and Bombay Sitar. The other day I was looking at pictures of flowers that I took around my neighborhood last Spring and it made me sad to think that I would miss them this year. Also all the fun summer events like Indians Baseball games, Fourth of July fireworks, and Carnivals/Cedar Point Amusement Park. Last week Cara and I tried to go see a movie one final time in America, but there was nothing playing that we thought was worth or money or time. I'm gonna miss America.

Wait. Before you start feeling sorry for me, remember that I'm moving to New Zealand! One of the most beautiful countries on Earth. A place that the Lord has been directing and paving the way for me to go to for the past year. If I stayed in America instead of following God to New Zealand I would miss out on His perfect and divine blessing. I would have already missed out on His amazing work of getting an apartment and laptop for my sister and I. I will be missing out on all the great interaction with the Kiwi and Maori people of NZ. And God's continuing moving of Heaven and Earth to bless Cara and me. Am I sad to leave America behind? Yes. Am I excited to enter the uncertain world of life in New Zealand? Definitely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiana,
I'm so glad I got to see you be fore the exodus. It is so obvious that God is directing your path and you are His servant. Be safe. Be happy. Be well. Be at peace. Be blessed - always. And never forget that you are loved and prayed for.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog! I am glad I was able to see you in January. Maybe something crazy will happen and I will get to fly out and see you (I *so* want to go to New Zealand). Anyway, have an amazing time. I will be praying for you safe trip.

-Ashley<><