Sunday, September 24, 2006

Welcome to the World

Last week some friends from my church experienced the birth of their first child. A little baby boy named James. He's so incredibly cute (as all babies are). It's so weird. I've reached the age where my friends are not only getting married but now having babies. No one warned me about this phase of single life. It's a joy to see the babies but I know it means that my friendship with these people will never be the same. If I thought they didn't have time to hang out before, now they definitely won't have time (until their children go off to college). It's strange to realize this.

Anyway....back to the point of this blog entry. Little James is such a blessing. I have seen him three times in the past few days and in only one of those days was he awake (actually, he was crying because he was hungry). Seeing him made me realize how everything is so new to him in our world. He's only been out of his Mommy for a week and a half. Everything from opening his mouth to eating to feeling the cold or warm air around him is new. What does that feel like? Is it scary? Is it exciting? Is it fun? What does it feel like to wear clothing for the first time? What does it feel like to see light and the variety of colors in this world for the first time? How does it feel to use your five senses for the first time? I could just go on and on with questions.

I wonder if Heaven will be like that for us?
I kind of hope it is. That every experience we have is new and exciting. I want to actually experience and remember my first sight of Heaven......of my loved ones in their renewed bodies......of Jesus.

Wow. Babies are truly precious!
Welcome to the World James.

No comments: