I just love driving back and forth to Porgy and Bess rehearsals. Every time I go I am graced with a wonderful view of the city skyline. I especially love driving at night because the city looks so cool with all of the lights in and around the buildings. It really makes my trip shorter and more enjoyable.
Today, as I drove home from rehearsal, I was thinking about how the day was dreary and rainy and how the skyline might not be so visible during such cloudy weather, thus making my commute not so fun, when the sun suddenly came out and a huge rainbow displayed right over the highway. It was a full half circle going from one side of the highway to the other. Wow! I have never seen a full rainbow like that. Furthermore, to make the drive even more exciting, I was able to see the city outline right in the middle of the rainbow.
I can't help but praise the Lord for this spirit lift. He knew I needed some cheering up. Sunny days make me happier than rainy days. The rainbow reminded me of how He loves humanity so much that He promises to never destroy the total human race by flooding the planet again - like He did in Noah's time. God said the rainbow would always be our (and His) visual reminder of this promise. Cool thing to ponder after a grueling rehearsal.
Home
-
Obviously I haven't been good about blogging while in Korea. I was
incredibly busy and I generally stopped blogging or journaling altogether.
Well, as of M...
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment