Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm Still Here

Yup.
That was to let you know I haven't given up blogging, I just never really feel up to writing. This is what I do to myself. When life isn't going the way I want it to go I either complain about it in a blog or don't write. I'm feeling kind of convicted about complaining so thus no writing. But I thought I should say something. So...

Work is pretty much the same, too little pay and too early shifts. I work an average of 3 to 4 openings a week. Blah. In the summer I thought it was a temporary thing that I would have to endure for a little while but now that it's October I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that the majority of the time I work I'll be half asleep. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength....They will walk and not faint. ~ Isaiah 40:31

Theater? Nothing. Done a few auditions. That's about it. I gotta get out of Cleveland.

Music? I've gone to quite a few concerts. Family Force Five, All Left Out, Red, Mutemath, Jars of Clay. Those experiences were fabulous! I really love dancing and singing and rocking out. There may be one more in the future. We'll see.

God? The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. ~ Nahum 1:7 I'm really trying hard to trust in Him. Today I learned that I am like Gideon. He questioned the Lord's actions and presence in his life right to His face, he made excuses for why he was ill equipped to obey the Lord's command, he asked the Lord to prove He was who He said He was, he questioned if the Lord would truly do what He said He would do...multiple times. Just like me. But the comforting thing is despite all these character flaws and lack of faith God chose Gideon to be a part of His miraculous work. The same goes for me. It's not about me but about what Jesus will do through me. It's about grace and love. Right now I'm involved in two Bible Studies. One group is studying the book of Romans and the other the Book of John. I love them. I'm learning a lot about the character of Jesus. I'm also learning a lot about myself. This is good. It's challenging me and helping me to grow as a christian. It's also helping me to spend that much needed time with the Lord.

So...I'm glad I wrote something today.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Hey you forgot Family Force 5!! ;)
Also, winterjam may be happening again. Just got a txt about it.

In regards to everything else,
Kia Kaha Tiana!