The past week has been interesting for me.
Fall came. And is starting to leave. I think winter will be much colder than what I remember. This is what happens when you've had a year of summer. You forget all the bad seasons.
Holloween came. So much fun!! Cara and I drove around taking pictures of all the little kids trick or treating. They were so cute. Ah, the memories. We also took advantage of Chipotles free burrito on Halloween promotion. All you had to do is dress like a burrito (or just wear some foil) and they gave you one for free. Cara, mom, and I made hats, necklaces, bracelets out of foil. Then we stood in line for an hour laughing and joking about everyone looking silly with their foil accessories. Then we got our free burritos and ate them. Yum!! Cara and I also went to my brother's church later that night and danced and socialized. My brother gave a short concert singing some powerful Christian rap that he wrote. There was also a message about the 'masks' we wear in life and how Jesus wants us to take off those 'masks' because "what is dark will be exposed by the light and what is hidden will be revealed." All in all a great night.
On Saturday I met Jeremy Camp and the lead singer for Everyday Sunday at Starbucks. They were in town performing for a Christian youth rally called Aquire the Fire. It was cool meeting them and making them a caramel machiatto and pumpkin spice latte. They're great guys. I love working at Starbucks downtown!
Election day was yesterday. Craziness! At Starbucks we gave out free tall brewed coffees to anyone who voted so the line was pretty much out the door all day. I found that kind of fun. Later I voted and waited in line for a total of 5 minutes (possibly 3). Hmm, glad I didn't vote early! ;-P My candidate didn't become president but that's OK, both were kind of blah candidates. I'm glad the craziness of elections are over. Whew, a break for 3 1/2 years!
Home
-
Obviously I haven't been good about blogging while in Korea. I was
incredibly busy and I generally stopped blogging or journaling altogether.
Well, as of M...
8 years ago

1 comment:
YOU got to make JEREMY CAMP his drink???? How amazing!!!!!! I never got any cool people coming into my starbucks....at least, not that I know of ..... which drink was his? The Pumpkin Spice or the Machiatto?
Good thing you looked into getting a job there... :-)
Post a Comment