Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm Not Usually Into Bands But...

Yesterday, I heard the music of a band called Kissed By the Moon. They were playing at an outreach event that my 18ups group put on. The guys in the band were Christians but they played clean secular songs. I was impressed by the talent of this band. Their songs were full of energy and passion, and their skills on the guitar, bass, and drum were amazing. This is the second time since I've been in NZ that I've heard a live Kiwi band. The first time was the first week I was here, when a new friend, Luke, invited Cara and I to his battle of the bands competition. He was in a band called the Holy Rollers that I discovered also had a really great sound. Recently, I've wanted to hear the Holy Rollers again but hadn't gotten around to calling Luke to find out when they play in Hamilton again. Well, yesterday, speaking to the lead singer in Kissed By the Moon he informed me that they and the Holy Rollers will be playing in Hamilton in December. Sweet! I'm there! It's funny, I'm really not a band person (especially not a groupie) but I love music so this had to come out at some point. I'm looking forward to the fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiana,
God is bringing the music to your attention as a reminder to pray for Tetelestai. Auditions are over and our first rehearsal is December 8th. Please keep us in prayer as we embark on a new season with a goal of "unity in community."

May you always hear the music and may your life be filled with joy-filled melodies.