Friday, January 19, 2007

Check List #1

Hi.

Whoever you are reading this.

Isn't it kind of freaky to be reading a blog (like this blog for instance) and it's speaking directly to you?

It feels kind of like Big Brother is watching doesn't it?

Maybe I can see you through your computer screen. Maybe I'm watching you make that silly expression as you continue reading this. O.K. Laugh. Roll your eyes. Shake your head. I'm still here.

Anyway.... I didn't mean to write all this in my blog, but now you can tell what kind of mood I'm in at the moment I write this. I'm probably not in this mood right now, as in this exact moment in time that you're reading this. But hey, if you're really curious about if I am or not, just give me a call, right now. Ha! I knew you wouldn't. (Don't you love my reverse pyschology attempt at getting people to call me?)

O.K.! O.K.! I'll be serious now...somewhat.

So I made a list. Of what praytell? Of things that need to be done, bought, or packed before I head to New Zealand. I guess you can kind of call it a list and a schedule. I have a time frame of when things need to be done. Last weekend my sister and I looked at Traveler's Insurance. It was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Not because of the insurance language but because we kept finding insurance that covered a person up to a year only if they were British. Hmm. We did finally find something that looks like a possible good insurance and at a good price. Lord, guide us in this process.

I also made a packing list for NZ. It doesn't seem that long. I wonder what I'm missing? Well, I have a few months still to add (or subtract) from the list. As it is. We'll get to NZ and have to sit, sleep, and eat on the floor until we get furniture. Maybe I should consider bringing a sleeping bag? Nah, takes up too much suitcase space! We Americans do have too much "stuff" we think we need to be happy (or even comfortable). We'll see how the Lord challenges me on that one once I move away.

So, what's in store for this weekend?
Reading up on the tax law for Americans who are out of the country for a year. What fun!!! Uggg.
Only three months and 1 week left to go.

No comments: